Immigration FAQs

If you haven’t claimed asylum immediately on entering the UK you will need to make an appointment at the Asylum Intake Unit in Croydon to register your asylum claim.  You should telephone them first to make an appointment on 0300 123 4193

All BRPs expire on the 31st December 2024.  You will be required to transfer to an eVisa by the end of 2024.  Please come back and check our website soon for more information about this.

We do not provide representation in asylum cases, you will need to find a legal aid solicitor. It can be difficult to find a legal representative to help you with your case because most Legal Aid lawyers have many clients and do not have the capacity to take on any more. To find a solicitor, you can search on the Law Society website. Choose Immigration and Changing Country in the search.

We are not a homeless charity but we may be able to provide advice, depending on your circumstances.  Please call the advice line on a Wednesday.  If you have immigration status you can contract Citizens Advice Bureau  or Shelter.  If you are an asylum seeker you can apply for asylum support – call Migrant Help on 0808 8010 503 or contact via their website.

Yes, we may be able to help.  Please get in touch through our Immigration Advice line.

Notre Dame Refugee Centre is a charity and our services are free to those who are eligible.  Our work is funded through the generosity of grants and donations from our supporters.

No, we are not able to help with this kind of casework.  You would need to find a solicitor.

We may be able to help with family reunion, depending on our capacity.  Please call the Immigration Advice Line to talk with one of our advisers.

Our General Support Advisers may be able to help at our drop-in.  Our opening times are here.